Friday, March 28, 2008

Bangkok. - Day 02.



Day 02:

I've mentioned in the last post that Bangkok is a shopper's haven which offers even better value than what you'd experience in Singapore. A whole day's worth of strolling around the city centre certainly proved that assessment.




After braving the crowds at the Ratchathewi BTS station, I arrived at the Pantip Plaza. Pantip Plaza is filled with very cheap electronic goods possibly due to similarities to Singapore (Bangkok has a port). An excursion downtown to Chit Lom and I found a retro cinema, obscure collectors item shops and some really hip footwear.











I was adamant to get a hold of my own brand new Holga 120 CFN at The Loft, Bangkok because it is unavailable in Penang and scarce in Kuala Lumpur. If I had a jackload of money, I would have purchased a Diana+ and a Lomo LC-A too!

ABOUT THE HOLGA
-----------------------
What Holga customers need to know is that film processing in Malaysia for medium-format film is a rare find. Your chances are definitely better if you reside in Kuala Lumpur but even then, you'd still have to consider the hefty price you'd have to churn out for prints, thanks to your expensive hobby. I, for one, have customized my Holga to snap on 35mm rolls. Go check out the man with the plan, squarefrog for more tips via YOUTUBE or website.

I am posting pictures of the camera itself here although I purchased it on Day 4. I actually pondered whether it'll be a great buy or otherwise. End of the day - my hobby got the better of me....




Here are some other random pictures taken on Day 2:









More to follow...

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP