Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My drugs: Methodology of intake.

Note to self on my medication and herbal supplements:

Dosage guide (as per blog entry below):
Catabolic steroids: 8 pills, 3 times a day.
Zantac tablets: 1 tablet, twice a day.
Codeine/Paracetamol (Panadene) pills: 2 pills, every 5-6 hours.
E-Excel 'Refresh': 1 sachet, 3 times a day.
E-Excel 'Stresgon': 2 tablets, twice a day.
Wheatgrass: 1 sachet, twice a day.
E-Excel 'Millennium' Fine Cactus Nectar with E-Excel 'Nutriact II': 0.6 ounces & a sachet, 2 servings per day.
Water consumption in between pills: 7-8 glasses to avoid constipation/dehydration.

Schedule:

Prior to early morning breakfast: One small glass of E-Excel 'Refresh' accompanied with two E-Exel 'Stresgon' tablets. Wheatgrass drink, half a cup afterwards.

Between 0500-0800 hours: To be taken after a very light breakfast (preferably over a slice of bread). 1st intake of catabolic steroids, 1st intake of Zantac tablets. 1st intake of Panadene.

Prior to lunch: 1 sachet of E.Excel 'Refresh' accompanied with E-Excel 'Millennium' Fine Cactus Nectar with E-Excel 'Nutriact II'.

Between 1300-1500 hours: To be taken with a light lunch. 2nd intake of catabolic steroids.

Between 1500-1600 hours: 2nd intake of Panadene.

Prior to dinner: One small glass of E-Excel 'Refresh' accompanied with two E-Exel 'Stresgon' tablets. Wheatgrass drink, half a cup afterwards.

Between 1700-1900 hours: After dinner. 3rd intake of catabolic steroids, 2nd intake of Zantac tablets.

Between 2000-2200 hours: 20-30 minutes before going to bed. 3rd intake of Panadene accompanied with E-Excel 'Millennium' Fine Cactus Nectar with E-Excel 'Nutriact II'.

I'm trying my best not to be reliant on the morphine-based Panadene painkillers. I think this schedule should work for me based on my experience last night when I didn't take Panadene before dozing off. So that's why I'm adding that to this prescription schedule after dinner. I'll be sure to update this entry until I get the correct methology of taking my medicine.

One cannot survive on drugs and supplements alone. Until I get back to the office, I'm going to make it a daily routine to have a brisk walk around the apartment for 20 minutes. Maybe that'll calm my head a little.

+ UPDATES
(Day 1): Vomited this evening before dinner. White, clear liquid. No harm done, I guess.

(Day 2): No issues except for constant hiccups.

(Day 3): Missed 1 steroid feed in the morning. Felt an intense pressure from the back of my eyes the morning after. Hiccups are still there. Noticed some behavioural changes this morning triggered by depression.

(Day 4): I can still feel the tumor pushing against my optic nerves in the morning. No vomiting and no hiccups last night though.

(Day 5): No improvements. Had problems sleeping whole night through.

(Day 6): No improvements. Had problems sleeping whole night through.

(Day 7): I've ran out of Panadene. Replaced them with some new ones from the pharmacist (mixture of Milidon 550 and APO-275). Hope this works!

(Day 8) : Experienced pulsating eye irritation and pain all night after taking a glass of fruit juice from the milk cart. Took down some painkillers to weather the storm in my head.

(Day 9): Pain has been decreasing but appetite's going wayyy over what I've expected. I think I must have added at least 5 kgs in the past few days, no thanks to the steroids. I'll probably need to consider doing some light exercises in the evenings from today onwards. Yep, still got that lazy eye.

______________________________________________________________


To summarize, thus far I have experienced these side-effects from the intake of my dexamethasone medication:

1) Significant weight gain resulting from increased appetite in addition to a sudden excessive craving for glucose and dairy products.
2) Personality changes and mood swings.
3) Vision deterioration for my right eye after 2 weeks into the program.
4) Gastrointestinal problems.
5) Dry scaly skin, increased sweating during sleep hours.
6) Insomnia, probably caused by anxiety.

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP