Thursday, October 02, 2008

The prayer before surgery.

I just want to share this little prayer I held vigilantly the night before surgery. The original copy is handwritten by my Dad. If it helped me, I hope this prayer finds its way to you if you ever feel lost in your battle against the uncertain.

Dearest Heavenly Father,
I need Your help.
I feel so uncertain of my life right now.
Serious illness for myself.
Shakes my faith in God.
Help me to imitate Your enduring Faith when
I face the ugliness of cancer and surgery
Allow me to trust you Lord.
The way You did in this moment of distress
I want to be cured and given a new lease
of life where I can be closer to You.

Now I ask You God for the strength
to bear the cross in my life
I ask for the grace not to despair,
I seek the power to proclaim God's word
and presence in my life despite the hardship, anguish and fear I now experience.
Oh glorious Lord Jesus, be an inspiration to me and petitioner of the need and grace from you as my loving Father.
Amen.

I kept repeating the lines, "By your 39 stripes Lord Jesus I am healed. Thank you Lord!" at least a dozen times before it was time to head into surgery. The complicated surgery resulted in me using over 9 bags of blood but it is still a miracle that I'm around. God made sure of that so why shouldn't I be thankful today?

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP