Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I am that dark corner.

Music: Explosions In The Sky - With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept (Peel Sessions, 2002-09-18) (click to download)



This is a song I wrote to thank someone who showed up out of nowhere in my life and brightened it up.

Someone showed me the darkest corners of the heart.
That dark corner was me, after months of anguish and despair.
I became the hollow...
...doorsteps away from the point of no return.

Or so I thought.

A beacon of light no more than a flicker,
With nowhere else to navigate, I sailed...
My heart was without hope,
Frozen from a cold past.

Shivering and in death,
I floated for awhile,
Rise up, rise up!
Smell the flowers while you can,
You make me feel that I could be a better man.

I'm no longer a dark corner today,
With our hands are tied together come what may,
My eyes say it slowly when I am close to you,
You're the reason to sail on.

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP