Friday, December 29, 2006

God answers! He really does!

Music: Ryan Adams - Chin Up, Cheer Up

It hasn't been that long since my last prayer was answered but God did that in the most spectacular fashion today at approximately 1630 hrs.

A short text message blinked on my cellphone as I was casually enjoying my late afternoon tea and I unwillingly stole a glance of it before shouting "Hallelujah!! Praise God!!", awkwardly in front of three dapperly dressed Muslims wearing traditional songkoks - obviously getting ready for Mahgrib prayers. My 'soon-to-be-boss' texted me and told me that she's got a 'mission' for me. As a rather inquisitive person, I became intrigued.

"What's the mission?" I texted back.

She called up in return and explain the whole plan to me. "I need your help to visit and experience for yourself first-hand the dilemma faced by some handicapped children in a charity house somewhere in Butterworth. If possible, pose questions to the charity home administrators. How many handicapped children are instituted there? What are the plights that they are facing at the moment? How can we make things better for them? Are there any specific targets or goals that they'd want to achieve in the coming year? Interview the owner of the establishment and seek for their list of current contributors or at least get a rough picture of what they are lacking. It is your call and I want you to spearhead this project for us."

"Wait. How the hell did you know that I was interested in doing this? I don't recall sharing this with you extensively?"

"I just knew...call it a gut feeling. I thought you'd be interested to help so here's your chance. Let's do this together for a better tomorrow."

WOWZA!!!

Helping out for a better tomorrow.

I didn't think that it would ever be realised but in 2007. I wanted to make sure I enroll in at least 3 to 4 designated charitable causes to fill up the spare time that I have. I broke down in tears to God in prayer - asking for a chance to give something back to society while I'm still around. It's something which I wanted to do from the heart. Something proactive. Something most of my European and American counterparts have no problem engaging but most Asians are left envious of how enormous their achievements are when their hands get waned together. I've tried my very best to enlist myself in two different NGOs but because of the working time constraints, I've only been put into mailing lists when they have special events or charity drives in mind.

My first project will be rather challenging considering the fact that I'm starting from scratch. It won't be pretty but let's just say I'm patient enough to see this through. We'll see how things develop and I promise to post whatever I can find right here to share with all of you. In fact, all the projects that I'll be undertaking will be detailed on this blog as months go by. I hope that many readers out there will benefit from different experiences that I have to endure throughout 2007 when I partake this year's challenge.

All of this...from a single honest prayer and by the grace of God. Brilliant isn't He?

"Act before you think." - quoting God from Neale Donald Walsch's best-seller.

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP