Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday scribbles.

Music: Iron & Wine - Love And Some Verses (click to download)

I will be kind of busy tomorrow so, again, I bring you the Sunday scribbles a wee bit earlier than usual. Special thanks to all who have written in and contributed in what's to post this week!

- Before I shake things up, I JUST HAVE TO POST THESE PICTURES of Sufjan Stevens performing with his band. First image courtesy of Stereogum. The rest are from blogs everywhere and a Flickr account.


Left: Katrina Kerns. Right: Laura Veirs









OMG...Katrina! She's hot! Her name's Katrina Kerns and I've been told that she is a Ford Agency model. View her video here.

How'd Sufjan get a xylophone player / backup singer THAT beautiful is beyond me! Personally, I feel that she is most dominant in the song 'They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhhh!' and maybe 'The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts'(voice). In 'Out of Egypt, into the Great Laugh of Mankind, and I shake the dirt from my sandals as I run' she rocks the xylo throughout the track! Thank God there are still intelligent and beautiful indie chicks around that needn't submit to that emo bullshit!

Let's all not forget that she sings backup on other bands too! Whoaa!! Her next project will be on Denison Witmer's new album so feel free to purchase that one in appreciation of her.

Want more of her?

- Folks, I present to you the deleted scene from 'A Love Song For Bobby Long' featuring Scarlett Johansson snoggin' and hoggin' away with an uncredited cast member.



That's definitely not Gabriel Macht in the clip. Get the deleted scene here in hassle-free mpeg format.

On a sidenote, I see a pattern here with Scarlett Johansson against Winona Ryder's career.

Bobby Long <=> Little Women
Ghost World <=> Girl, Interrupted
The Island <=> A Scanner Darkly
The Man Who Wasn't There <=> Celebrity

Disturbingly close comparisons!!

- Again, I just felt like posting something random yet cool.


Ryan Adams, diggin' your own hole?

- Ever wondered how your favourite stars would look in 20 years? Worth1000.com has some CG-illustrated answers.

- Kanye West gets a little mash-up action from LushLife in the form of a classic pop gem. Go download some now!

I shall be blogging in from my new Nokia 3230 next week onwards. Just got a really great offer on this beauty.



Expect a slight drop in terms of image quality (hey it's only a 1.2 pixel camera) but I'll keep y'all posted in the little happenings in my life on a more frequent basis.

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP