Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Eros. An erotic film by two great directors and one strange Italian.

Music: Carole King & Louise Goffin - Where You Lead I Will Follow (click to download / buy Louise Goffin's 'Sometimes A Circle' here)



Gong Li will certainly remain on my list of favourite Chinese actresses after watching a Wong Kar-Wai directed short film in aptly called 'The Hand' in which she played a . I never actually liked her when she was in 'Farewell My Concubine' or 'Temptress Moon' but she's grown on me ever since I've watched this stellar performance in 'Eros'.

'Eros' is a collage of erotic short films from renowned arthouse directors such as Wong Kar-Wai, Steven Soderbergh and Michelangelo Antonioni. Ironically, I believe this film was made in celebration of Antonioni's film career but his entry into the bunch was a rather disappointing affair indeed. Thanks to Brad for highlighting 'Eros' while at the pirated DVD shop.

If you guys have any other additions to what could be described as modern erotic films that I should watch, drop me a line. Don't bother with classics aight?

Gong Li will next feature in Rob Marshall's book adaptation of 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. Wheee!!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP