Saturday, June 11, 2005

This one's for you Dad.

Every now and then I think of my father in hopes that I'll be close to him like I was when I was still a young boy. They say that once a boy grows older, he tends to communicate more with the mother. I still don't quite understand why but it's true.

I miss the days when I used to go to the beach every weekend with him. We'd ride on the family motorcycle; an old but sturdy Honda EX5 and bring along with us some sandwiches and tools to catch fish, mussels and what not.

My father has never lost faith in the Lord our Father. I've never seen anyone devote his life so strongly to the cause of spreading the 'Good News' of Christianity to family and friends like he does. It's not definitely no secret that I'm not a staunch Christian but I'm actually proud to have him on my side as a father.

Dad, this Father's Day (19th June), I just want to let you know that you're always in my heart and I that I've slowly garnered a tremendous respect for you and your ideals. Thanks for being there for me all these years.

  © Blogger template 'Gorgeous View' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP